Let’s go back. To a time where glitz, glamour, drugs and synth pop ruled the world. When frizzy hair, and goth was getting it’s groove. When serial killers became relevant and a thirst for blood was at it’s peak. Vamp was it’s name; a sweet melody almost tangible in the darkest corners of The Cortez. Those who dare listen found themselves entranced in the song, Their hips bound to the beat of her drum, swaying, never seeing those sharp claws until the deep scarlet drew down from their throats and the lights grew dim. The Cortez never wants for much. Your soul is all she needs.
They Want Your Soul is our second installment of spookiness for October. It’s a time for monsters and The Countess and all the creepy that happened in The Cortez and American Horror Story: Hotel are the inspiration for this playlist. “Red Right Hand” by Nick Cave and the Black Seeds is a literal take on the sinister dealings of the haunted hotel, while “Dark Allies” by Light Asylum digs a little deeper into the relationships that dwelled within the halls.
For those with a knack for the spectacular and sinister. The one’s who love the risk, no matter if they receive reward or if the night ends with regret. For the ghouls and goblins that call this place home, even if they know they can never leave. For the Countess, and for The Cortez.
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Red Right Hand
- She Wants Revenge – Written In Blood
- Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
- Light Asylum – Dark Allies
- Joy Division – A Means To An End
- Sisters of Mercy – Lights
- Placebo – In The Cold Light Of Morning
- Siouxsie and the Banshees – Spellbound
- Nine Inch Nails ft. David Bowie – I’m Afraid Of Americans
- White Rose Movement – Love Is A Number
- The Cure – The Love Cats
- London After Midnight – Heaven Now
Check out our other playlists on 8 tracks!
Check out our other Monsterous October Playlists!