Long gone are the days of burning witches at the stake or drowning possible mystics in bottomless lakes all because the crops failed to produce that year. The 70’s are a new era, a new age, a new time for the powerful and the occult to blossom and bloom. We are magic, we are divine, we are what mother earth designed.
The 70’s were a tremendous season for the witch. There was no hiding, or cowering in corners for fear of being sought out. These women were pioneers. Unabashed and unafraid to carry out their destinies. Children of the Stones they were called. This playlist embodies everything they stood for. Donovan’s ‘Season of the Witch’ was an anthem for the time, a song that emboldened and enticed the culture of the era. Santana’s “Black magic woman” Showed that these empowered women weren’t the old hags of yesteryear, but were the symbol of sex and seduction.
For the flower children who hear whispers in the wind and shake stones to see fortunes. The one’s with pretty potions made of Sandalwood and Myrrh. Those who experience psychedelic trips and journeys to other astral planes. The ones with eyes of amethyst, tiger and jade. For once you are finally free. For the New Age Witch.
Like this playlist? Please consider giving it a like over on 8tracks.
- Eagles – Witchy Woman
- Steely Dan – Do It Again
- Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
- The Doors – People Are Strange
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising
- The Animals – House Of The Rising Sun
- Donovan – Season Of The Witch
- The Moving Sidewalks – Crimson Witch
- Santana – Black Magic Woman
- Steppenwolf – Magic Carpet Ride
- The Searchers – Love Potion No. 9
- Fleetwood Mac – Rhiannon
- Jethro Tull – Witches Promise
- Simon & Garfunkel – Scarborough Fair / Canticle